Thursday, April 16, 2009

Being Back at Varsity

Being back at varsity has been a very unique experience because at the beginning of this year I
doubted my ability to continue the journalism programme. Primarliy because I wasn't happy in my class particulary the attitudes amongst the other students.

For the first time in my life i witnessed violence between two students something that never happened before in my schooling career. I also had a lack of interest in the programme itself until i was chosen to attend the future Journalists Programme which re-inspired my passion for journalism. By no means am I saying that everytime things go bad that I loose interest in something or someone but what Iam saying when the situation gets out of control and you just can't stand it anymore what then do you do.?

Do you just accept it or do you take a breathe and figure out what is more important.? I found it difficult to sit back and accept and in actual fact I wanted to drop out of University and the only reason I didn't was because there were too many people close to me that I would disappoint. So i decided to slack around a bit, that resulted in me not handing in an assignment for one of my subjects and failing to contribute to group work properly and the truth with that is I hate group work but I had no chice.

So since FJP I have been re-inspired and feel like there is a chance that i could make it in the industry.

No comments: