Friday, April 10, 2009

Why are MOTHERS so DIFFICULT

This morning my mother woke me up during the early hours, round about 5:20am and asked when and what time I was coming home from my trip to the Future Journalists Programme in Grahmstown, I will explain later on.

I then try to utter some words in my sleep and then get off the phone. She then calls later in the day and asks the time that I will be coming back. I tell her and she says she will fetch me from the station and I said to her why? because its going to cost money for her to fetch me and I don't like wasting money and she always make reference that she doesn't have enough cash.

I then tell her I'll catch a taxi home and she must fetch and wasn't necessary.Okay it may have been slighty cheecky but it wasn't in a way to intentionally hurt her, however I feel that I need my own space and need to deal with life's difficulties on my own and not to have to rely on my mother all the time.

She then sent me a message saying that if I think that iam better than myself or with better people or got a boyfriend that telling me these things im just remeber that she can make my life miserable to the point that I would commit suicide.

I must just say its not the first time she has said this to me and at the time the thought was interesting, however I have grown up and matured. I want to be able to stand my own ground soo many people around me say that "Wena, you must learn to do things on your own." That's what Im trying to do and every time I do that i always seem to get on the wrong side of my mother. I just can't seem to understand why she is trying to be so difficult. This whole thing has nothing to do with the people I've meet and infact there is NOOOOOOOOOO boyfriend, but that it is me who it is me that wants to experience through different eyes and Knowledge.

To those of you who don't have pestering parents who love to make assumptions just because the tone of your voice has changed and simply because you want a little freedom. You'er lucky.

I just believe that a young person should be given that opportunity to grow and understand by themselves and not to have someone hanging over their head threatening them all the time. My greatest fear is that I will ultimately resent her and live a life of regret just because I had to go through her in order to live my dreams.

No comments: